a weekend : of summer eating
I spent the weekend at home with family in Amherst and savored fresh, home cooking all weekend long. It was casual, easy and vegetable-centric thanks to the goodies from both my and my mom's CSA (Community Support Agriculture) memberships. I'm delighting in the weekly deluge of veggies both familiar and foreign.
Our meals included (see links for recipes or sources):
- My father's specialty, elote (above), grilled salmon and an endive salad
- A light and springy green "Bright Green Spinach and Pea Soup" by Deborah Madison from Vegetarian Cooking For Everyone
- My take on a summer berry crisp with blackberries, raspberries and a buttery, oat crumble, topped with Tofutti
- More delights from Deborah Madison, "Pizza with Escarole, Fontina, and Walnuts" from The Greens Cookbook
- My new obsession, French macaroons from Brooklyn's Almondine Bakery